The split, released via Housecore Records, includes two songs from each artist. This album serves as the first release of any solo work by Philip Anselmo during the span of his nearly 30-year legacy. Also, the two Warbeast tracks on the split feature former bassist Alan Bovee before his amicable departure from the band. Since then, Dre Karst has joined on bass.
In addition to this week’s release of War of the Gargantuas, Down and Warbeast will head out on “The Weed & Speed Tour: West Coast Throwdown in the Year of XIII” this Friday, January 11th, starting in Houston, TX at Warehouse Live. The tour will make its way through several states, coming to a close on February 1st in Chattanooga, TN at Track 29.
The entire upcoming tour is dedicated to the memory of the late Mike Scaccia. To donate to the Mike Scaccia Family Fundraiser, head here and follow the link: http://www.warbeast.org/?p=156
Warbeast will also be releasing their second album, Destroy early this year via Housecore Records.
Down and Warbeast 2013 U.S. Tour Dates:
- 1/11 – Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live – Ballroom
- 1/12 – San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
- 1/14 – Tempe, AZ @ The Marquee
- 1/15 – Las Vegas, NV @ Fremont Country Club
- 1/16 – West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
- 1/18 – Anaheim, CA @ City National Grove of Anaheim
- 1/19 – Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades
- 1/20 – San Francisco, CA @ Regency Ballroom
- 1/22 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox at the Market
- 1/23 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
- 1/24 – Boise, ID @ Knitting Factory Concert House
- 1/26 – Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
- 1/28 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
- 1/29 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
- 1/30 – Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart’s
- 2/1 – Chattanooga, TN @ Track 29