Canadian Bands! Get Your Applications in for the WACKEN METAL BATTLE CANADA!
The most famous metal festival, Wacken Open Air, is bringing their largest metal contest, Wacken Metal Battle Canada to Canada! The contest will find one independent Canadian band to play at Wacken Open Air in Germany this year.
Metal Battle Canada will be held in Toronto, ON and Montreal, QC during May and June.
Submissions for Metal Battle Canada has now been extended to March 17th and can be completed via the online application at the following link below. (Please remember to select the city in which you would like to potentially compete.)
Metal Battle Canada application link – http://www.metalbattle.ca/
- April 28 – Rivoli – Toronto, ON
- May 2 – Hard Luck – Toronto, ON
- May 5 – Rivoli – Toronto, ON
- May 9 – Hard Luck – Toronto, ON
- May 12 – Rivoli – Toronto, ON
- May 16 – Hard Luck – Toronto, ON
- May 24 – Hard Luck – Toronto, ON
- May 31 – Hard Luck – Toronto, ON
- June 7 – Rivoli – Toronto, ON
- May 9 – Katacombes – Montreal, QC
- May 15 – Katacombes – Montreal, QC
- May 22 – Katacombes – Montreal, QC
- May 31 – Katacombes – Montreal, QC
- June 7 – Katacombes – Montreal, QC*
* 2 MONTREAL BANDS MOVE TO FINALS – June 22 at Opera House, Toronto, ON
Finals – Metal Battle Canada
- June 22 – Opera House, Toronto, ON
All bands that wish to participate in the Metal Battle must read the following rules and guidelines. Bands who send in an application automatically agree to the rules and terms.
- Your band doesn’t have a record deal and isn’t about to sign to a record label in the near future.
- Your band must be able to play a 30 minute set consisting of your own original material.
- PA, lighting, and sound engineer will be provided for all bands by Metal Battle Canada.
- Backline arrangements TBA.
- The bands must bring their own instruments such as guitars, bass, drum breakables, keyboards and effect pedals and may also bring and use their own guitar amps.
- To keep the changeover times as short as possible, bands with left handed drummers will play as first or last band. All bands have to follow the directions given by the promoters or stage manager.
- Jury of respected music industry folk will decide the winners each night.
If a band overruns its allotted performance time, then the band-members should be aware of the fact that in this case their sound will be faded out. The running order for the concert will be released a few days before the event takes place.
For more info on Metal Battle Canada, please visit these links:
Official Website: http://www.