EDDIE TRUNK To Emcee Dio’s “Stand Up and Shout” Cancer Fund Awards Gala
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund, founded last year in memory of the world-renowned voice of Dio, Black Sabbath and Heaven & Hell, will host its first Awards Gala on Tuesday, November 1st at the world-famous Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills, California. Awards will be presented to six distinguished honorees for their contributions to spreading awareness of Fund’s important work.
The event at the Playboy Mansion will include cocktails and gourmet food stations created by renowned chef William S. Bloxsom-Carter, a silent auction and a performance by the rock band ASIA featuring John Payne. Guests will be treated to tours of the Mansion grounds and world-famous grotto.
Eddie Trunk of VH1 Classic’s “That Metal Show” will serve as special guest emcee. Awards named after songs written by Ronnie James Dio will be presented to the following honorees:
* Man On The Silver Mountain Award: Tony Martell, founder of the T.J. Martell Foundation, which has funded innovative medical research to find cures and treatments for leukemia, cancer and AIDS for nearly 40 years.
* Rainbow In The Dark Award: Mike Carden, cancer survivor and President, North America, Eagle Rock Entertainment, leading independent record label.
* King Of Rock ‘N Roll Award: Terry “Geezer” Butler, bassist for Black Sabbath and Heaven & Hell, and longtime bandmate and friend of Ronnie James Dio.
* Sacred Heart Award: Sandeep Kapoor, M.D., Medical Director/Co-Founder of the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.
* Killing The Dragon Award: Danny Zelisko, concert promoter and cancer survivor, President, Danny Zelisko Presents, Phoenix.
* Stand Up And Shout Award: Rita Haney, a tireless fundraiser, founder of Dimebash, in memory of her longtime boyfriend “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott.
To purchase tickets to this very special event, please click here.