Foghat has released another album! Last Train Home contains covers of several blues classics such as “So Many Roads, So Many Trains” and “Shake Your Money Maker,” and a few new originals.
And now, LP collectors will get an opportunity to add this killer album to their collection, as it will be issued in a limited edition of 1,000 copies, as a blue vinyl/double album with gatefold sleeve (including plenty of photos, and liner notes by Classic Rock Revisited founder Jeb Wright). “Last Train Home” is the culmination of a dream shared by Roger Earl and Lonesome Dave Peverett who passed away in 2000. The album will be issued on February 7th, which will mark the 12 year anniversary of his passing.
‘Last Train Home’ sees Foghat’s line-up – Roger Earl (drums), Charlie Huhn (vocals/rhythm & lead guitar), and Bryan Bassett (lead & slide guitar) – joined by several special guests, including harmonica player Lefty Lefkowitz, Earl’s brother, Colin, on piano, and Eddie ‘Bluesman’ Kirkland (who we sadly lost in a car accident last February). Due to a prior commitment for the band’s bassist, Craig MacGregor, Jeff Howell, formerly of Foghat, Savoy Brown and the Outlaws filled in for the recording.
Complete track list for ‘Last Train Home’:
- Born for the Road – Earl, Bassett, Huhn, Howell
- Needle & Spoon – Chris Youlden
- So Many Roads, So Many Trains – Otis Rush
- Last Train Home – Huhn, Bassett, Earl, Howell
- Shake Your Money Maker – Elmore James
- It Hurts Me Too – Elmore James
- Feel So Bad – Chuck Willis
- Louisiana Blues – Muddy Waters
- 495 Boogie – Earl, Earl, Bassett, Howell, Huhn, Lefkowitz
- Rollin’ & Tumblin’ / You Need Love – CC/Willie Dixon
- In My Dreams – Eddie Kirkland
- Good Good Day – Eddie Kirkland