“This new name means ‘of the land of the evening star’ and the word ‘Vesperia’ was one of the proposed names for Canada before our country’s name was decided upon,” explained Morgan Rider of the chosen name’s origins.
Continuing to derive influences from thrash, black metal and traditional folk music, Vesperia are not leaving their epic orchestrations, throat-crushing speed nor ear-piercing guitar riffs behind, rather, they’re intensifying each element, adding more energy to their live shows just when fans thought they couldn’t get any more amped up and prepping to release their new demo as Vesperia, entitled ‘The Swordsman’.
‘The Swordsman’ can be streamed here: http://www.facebook.com/
In support of the bands evolution, Vesperia will be embarking on a string of Ontario dates with warrior brothers Crimson Shadows.
‘For the Glory of the Swordsman’ Tour Dates:
- May 18, 2012 – The Port – Barrie, ON
- June 1, 2012 – The Granite Club – North Bay, ON
- June 2, 2012 – The Serbian Centre – Sudbury, ON
- June 8, 2012 – The Corktown Pub – Hamilton, ON
- June 9, 2012 – Dominion House Tavern – Windsor, ONJune 22, 2012 – The Atria – Oshawa, ON
- June 29, 2012 – The Brass Monkey – Ottawa, ON
For more details, artwork, demo and tour information please visit and ‘Like’ Vesperia on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/
Check out Vesperia’s (Official) ‘Pints Held High’ Music video below and at http://www.youtube.com/watch?