Chi Cheng Deftones Charity Auction Begins Today
Today begins a charity auction for Chi Cheng, DEFTONES band member and brother. Chi has been in a semi-conscious state since being involved in a horrific accident in November 2008, and his family has accumulated an overwhelming amount of medical bills that insurance does not entirely cover. It is DEFTONES’ mission to raise significant funds to help ensure Chi’s recovery by playing two very special benefit shows in Hollywood on 11/19 and 11/20, and also by launching a benefit auction in conjunction with CharityBuzz.com.
The auction launches today and can be found at CharityBuzz.com/BenefitforChi
The auction features many special items generously donated by an array of DEFTONES friends including Metallica, System of a Down, Blink 182, HIM, Slayer and many more.
Some highlights include:
- A day in the studio with Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 to produce a track for your band
- Flyaway to Helsinki, Finland to attend HIM’s sold-out New Year’s Eve show. Includes meet-and-greet with the band, round-trip flight, and hotel for two nights.
- Signed ESP guitar from Metallica
- John Dolmayan’s (System of a Down) personal Tama drum kit, autographed by John
- Signed gear from Deftones
- Signed Slayer motorcycle helmet autographed by members of Slayer
- Pair of three-day general admission and VIP passes to Coachella Festival 2010
- Autographed ESP guitar from My Chemical Romance
In addition to the items already launched today, another batch of items will launch in one week, next Tuesday Nov 24. The auction can be found at CharityBuzz.com/BenefitforChi and will conclude on December 8. For more info stay tuned to Deftones.com.