Fire at the OSBOURNE Home: “We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges…”
Never a dull moment around the Osbourne mansion. Sharon had left a candle burning through the night and it exploded in the glass vase and caused a fire. The incident took place this morning, January 17th.
Speaking about the incident on today’s edition of the CBS program “The Talk”, which she co-hosts, Sharon said:
“Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night.
“At five o’ clock [in the morning], I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that’s what it sounded like, so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up, [I thought], ‘Something’s weird smelling in here.’ Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room [was on fire]. The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding…
“My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he’s in a complete cast… He comes down and goes, ‘Oh, the fire, the fire!’ [and tries to put it out[ with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted…
“Ozzy’s front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone)… he’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges… Everything you are not meant to do — go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on — we did it all.”
She continued: “[The firemen] come up, they give us a lecture, andOzzy’s like, ‘She’s been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!’
“I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I’m sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again…
“I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed.”