Warbeast has announced that Casey Orr (Rigor Mortis, GWAR) will join them as their fill-in bassist while on the road this spring with GWAR! The band’s upcoming tour dates with GWAR and Wilson kick off in Tucson, AZ on April 10th. The 16 day run, dubbed the “Fate or Chaos Tour”, will continue through the month of April until it closes in Jacksonville, FL on April 25th.
Warbeast vocalist Bruce Corbitt states, “Obviously we are all psyched to have Casey on board for this upcoming tour with GWAR and Wilson. I’ve always respected Casey’s professionalism, abilities and musicianship from our many years together in Rigor Mortis,” “This will be a natural and comfortable fit for Warbeast. Plus he’s still buds with all of the guys in GWAR, so this tour will be a blast… to say the least.
“I am very excited to accept the challenge of playing bass for the mighty Warbeast! I’m looking forward to crushing skulls with my brothers in the Beast, and I’m totally stoked to be bringing the thunder on the road this April, supporting my Scumdog family – GWAR,” adds Casey Orr. “Texas Thrash will Destroy!”
“This by far will be the most solid lineup to date with Casey Orr joining us for this tour. I’ve known him all of my life and it just seems right,” adds Warbeast guitarist Scott Shelby. “Casey is hyped as well, as is the whole band to move on to this new era and continue to Destroy!”
“I’m looking forward to the rhythm section being tighter than ever,” states Warbeast drummer Joey Gonzalez. “I know Casey will be killer to learn from and jam with. “
In addition to the newly announced tour dates with GWAR, a CD release show for Destroy will take place at The Rail Club in Fort Worth, TX on April 6, 2013. See directly below for all confirmed tour dates.
- 4/6 – Fort Worth, TX @ The Rail Club
Warbeast “Fate Or Chaos Tour” With GWAR and Wilson:
- 4/10 – Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
- 4/11 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues – Tickets
- 4/12 – Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Cafe – The Strip – Tickets
- 4/13 – Ventura, CA @ Majestic Ventura Theatre – Tickets
- 4/14 – Reno, NV @ Knitting Factory – Tickets
- 4/15 – Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex – Tickets
- 4/16 – Grand Junction, CO @ Mesa Theater & Club
- 4/17 – Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre – Tickets
- 4/18 – Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Lounge
- 4/19 – Des Moines, IA @ Wooly’s
- 4/20 – Tulsa, OK @ Cain’s Ballroom – Tickets
- 4/21 – Little Rock, AR @ The Rev Room – Tickets
- 4/22 – Nashville, TN @ Marathon Music Works – Tickets
- 4/23 – Greenville, SC @ The Handlebar – Tickets
- 4/24 – Orlando, FL @ Beacham Theater
- 4/25 – Jacksonville, FL @ Free Bird Live – Tickets
Warbeast’s new album, Destroy, will be released on April 2, 2013 via Housecore Records.